Saturday, August 7, 2010

Livin in SE MN

Running the other day with my buddy Tom, he was giving me some grief about not blogging regularly. Figured I would try to put something out here, yet, I than thought about not continuing OR just putting it up only once in a while ( he he he ).

Eitherway, here we are, living in Byron MN, where the city is full of hills, hills, hills.

Thursday night I was blessed to join a running group, named Team R.E.D. ( http://byronteamred.blogspot.com/). It was a joy to run with people and then follow it up with some much needed fun!! It was neat to be able to meet new people, run with the Woo man and then learn more and more of this group. Next Thursday it will be formal night -- pondering wearing my wedding dress...

This week, in total, I have put in 21.5 miles. Yesterday I was able to run with Tom and he took me through the hills for a 5.5 miler, here and around Byron. It was a good workout!!

I now have a flat route and hilly route to continue my running with. I am looking up for some half marathons in Nov.. I am hoping to find something less expensive, for I will need to start to save up now for Austin, where I will run my first full.

Today is recovery for me and my legs/arms. They are quite sore from the run yesterday, and I believe the closeness of the two runs, thur/fri., got to me. OR it may have the been the mix of the running and the move all in one week, not to sure yet. So today, we will be in recovery and just hang things on the wall.

Have a FABULOUS day everyone and happy running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment