Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why am I out here, turned into look at how well I did :O)

Today I was not liking being out in on the road, actually, I was convincing myself that I do not need to be out there running. Seriously, contemplating, giving it up and turning in the towel. Focusing on all the negatives and nothing positive.

To top it off, my friend, suggested that I do NOT wear my garmin!! Argh !! I always wear my watch ..always...

Well, after I was out there for a bit, I walked a few steps on the first stretch and also removed some clothing ( way to hot out there for me !! ) and then I looked at the time when I came to the halfway mark. I realized that I wasn't doing to shabby ... and I told myself, keep on keeping on. 

There's an intersection, where I know that I have around 1.5 miles left to go until I hit home...so I looked at the time and 'thought' I had 10 mins to get 'er done. Not knowing if I would be able to do it or not, but I was not about to give up!!

When I got home, I realized, I still had 10 mins !! When I looked at the time, I figured it incorrectly and had 20 min's instead of 10!! Wow was I happy !! 5.45 miles, complete.


And then the bug came .. hopefully a little more here an there these experiences will continue to occur.
Its not always peachy keen when you first get out there, it's not always enjoyable, but when you finish, even better then you imagined before, IT ROCKS!!!!

Continuing to keep on keeping on!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment