Sunday, February 12, 2012

Number 8 half marathon in the books

Well, number 8 Half marathon is in the books. Needless to say, it was my worst EVER !!

At mile 5 or 6 I was feeling a bit heavy chested ( not able to breath as well as I would have liked ) and then that turned into some crazy shock feelings down my shins. Well, if that was all it was, I would have pulled off a nice half, but it wasn't the worst of it.

I ended up cramping so incredibly bad, that I had to stop and walk. Not just once, twice or three times... it happened for the last 5 miles of the race. I cried.

This wonderful woman that was also running, stopped and pulled me through the rest of the race ( I was going to finish !! ). Even though I had to walk alot of those 5 miles, I did it !!

My pride is definetly busted!! Yet, I know that I need to work on sodium/potassium intake and also get my levels checked out. Then I also need to pay attention to my nutrition.

For today, I'd love to crawl under my covers and not pop my head up for a week, but life does not allow that. So, onward.

Live and Learn is the name of the day for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment