Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8th, 2012


Hello Readers,

Yesterday was a LSR day for us. Jennifer and I headed out for a total of 12 miles. WE pulled it off and it was NOTHING like the 15.5 miles that we ran the previous Sunday!! That day was super windy AND cold, this day was not very windy and warmer.

I am currently working on definition in the upper/lower body and also on my base miles. In Feb, I will begin the serious training for my first full EVER. Which will be in May, '12.

Before the full I am thinking I would like to get in at least 3 to 4 other smaller races and one half. I am debating on where to sign up for one, yet, as I have come to notice that the pocket book needs to support my new passion. And to support it that includes, shoes/clothes/doc appts/accessories/cliff shots/ect.... that's alot if you begin to throw in all the race fees and travel to get to them.

This year, I taken a vow to do my family right as well as my health and work on all of the parts of life, this includes the budget. So, with that being said, I may stay much closer to home for the first part of the year to run. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, just a different turn as to where I was before.

I have also put a goal of gaining that personal trainers certificate out there. This way, I am able to make sure that I have some knowledge behind all that I do as well as begin to help others in something I am now passionate about.

One thing I have learned from running, if not life, all GOOD things come SLOWLY. Wish I knew how to apply that to my entire life, yet, I am learning and learning means you are living. So....

Off to living I go.

Today is a rest day, as tomorrow I begin my 2 workouts/day and will ramp back up to over 1000 cal/per day burnt on top of the norm.

What are your goals??? Are you doing your body good in 2012 ?? We only have one body and one life here on earth ( as far as I know ) and we should probably treat ourselves top notch!!!

Onward, dear readers, ONWARD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment