Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 29th, 2012

17 miles baby !! The longest I have ever endured in my life !!! YAY !!! Not only was that the fantastic thing that happened, I also added up the miles and the calories that I have achieved in Jan. '12. Here's those numbers:

Calories: 8000 ( rounded, for I am missing a few miles here and there - also this is only with running, not including any other exercises )
Running Miles: 80.2

Well, now that's a great way to start my year !! If I were to continue with the mileage, I might actually hit 1100 - 1200 miles :O) That would be fantastic!!!

I have also agreed to run an ultra ragnar this year. That's a 6 man team, instead of the 12 man team that I ran with last year. This will mean, up to, if not more then, 26 miles per person!! I am completely honored AND extremely excited and nervous. Course I will complete it .. but lets see how I really do!!

Not sure if my running is taking off, getting better or if I am becoming stronger. Yet, I do know that I am putting in the miles and doing the work. Now lets see where I am at in Feb.. I have signed up for a half that is going to be held in Rochester, MN.. So, the weather may not cooperate, and in that sense I have not put a goal time on it. Only to finish and just see where I am at this time of year.

I almost have my list complete of 20 races in 2012. Let's see what I am able to add. This year is more of a challenge, not only the races, but the budgetting. Running/Racing gets expensive. So, this year I have opted to work on my muscles, stay closer to home to help with the pocket book and also to work more on being a mom instead of an athlete.

Time will tell with it all.

Until next time my dearest readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment