Friday, May 4, 2012

THIS is what tapering is LIKE ???!!!??

Holy Hannah -- for a few reasons:

1. No updates since the 22nd !!
2. Tapering

Today I went out for my last long run until the 12th of May. Wow'zers I am telling you. I could have ran ALL DAY!! Well, at least it felt that way. OOFTA!!! It was a nice solid 8 miler and I was ON FIRE, had to tone it down a few times, I hit the hills and man were they singing !!!!

Yesterday, I was driving my daughter home from gymnastics and we were on this LONG, CURVY, HILLY road and all I wanted to do was pull over, take a few drinks of water, a few cliff shots and RUN. I mean, I even planned it out in my head. It was super crazy !!

So, today while I was sitting at my desk, my lunch hour was approaching and I just decided, today I am going to run. Man, I was not able to get out there fast enough.

I find it extremely amazing, as I really do not run that much, do I ? Where is all this mentality coming from ?? What is up with my body ??? It's like my legs just want to GO. Nothing seems to slow em down. It's amazing!!! It's like my body is determined to RUN.... and this week is only a few less miles then the last one. Absolutely amazed me.

Alot of people have different views on it -- but -- I now know it as tapering. Tapering for a full marathon. Which that in itself is absolutely mind baffling as well !! For I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would be planning to run 26.2 miles all in one morning, at one time!!

The training that one puts into this is phenominal !!! The mindset, or the change of one's mind set, is baffling. The hardwork, which I think I only put in half of what I think I 'should' have put in for training, will pay off, as I will cross the finish line!! NO MATTER WHAT !!!

Here's a clip that will explain a little bit about what we go through while training ( you'll get a little bit of what I am talking about ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zWwKrjgSsrg#!

Anywho - tomorrow we visit a small race, that has a FREE kids one mile and I am going to see which of my children will complete it!!

'Till next time, my readers, till next time.

Stay On. Keep On.

NEVER EVER Stop believing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment