Thursday, May 31, 2012

95 miles in one month

Well, there were oodles of achievements set this month!!!

NOT only by myself but by many of my friends!!! Loads of us set off to do 'first's of many different things and accomplished all of them!!!





For myself I was able to achieve:

* FIRST FULL MARATHON
* Pacing someone on their first Half Marathon ( Way TO GO Valerie Willis!! )
* Ran 95 miles in one month

 First Full
 Valerie's First Half!

This has been an extremely amazing month and I have soo many memories to share. The running community has been so phenomenal that it's beyond words to even express the gratitude I have towards them as well as the compassion an love that we are surrounded by!!! 

Being part of two amazing teams and the people that support these teams, is simply incredible!!! To experience the society of athletes is so extreme for me this month, I do believe that there is a change in the air, mind, body and soul!!

I was also able to attend and be a part of the Med City Marathon Expo on Saturday. As well as meet the famous Jeff Galloway!!



To top all of this off, I have now set my goals for the rest of the year. On top of working on the list of 20 races, I am also out to set a major PR for the Half Marathon and I am choosing Mankato again for this extreme event!!

In order to do this - I have now picked up more time with my personal trainer and will be working on my core 3x's per week as well as running 5 to 6 days per week this summer. Everything has already began. Next week its almost full swing - as I am on a bit of a taper. I am going to focus on Grandma's Half Marathon ( June 16th ) to see how strong I am at a 13.1 mile race.

Then the fun kicks in full swing!!! Flowing into Chicago's Rock N Roll in July and the Ultra Ragnar in August. Then 5K/8K/10K's until Mankato's Half!!

Also -- I am running a half this weekend in the Dells for my last LSR training for Grandma's in Duluth.

There ya have it. That's the plan and I am going to stick to it. In years past it was to lose inches and weight, this year, it's to plain ole get faster!!

* Side note: I will be working on choosing another full to swing the training from Mankato into :O)

Onward, Upward!! Stay on. Keep on.







No comments:

Post a Comment