Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Legs FINALLY feel awesome after my FIRST FULL Marathon ...

I began today with fresh legs, or so they felt that way -- oofta. The entire body, is still tired. Not so much the legs, just the body -- spose it only makes sense, since I went out running a marathon on Saturday and all !!

The legs were super sore/stiff on Sun/Mon!! No going down the stairs, unless it was backwards ( they did not lie to me about this!! ) and it was super slow!!! The toilet, well, good thing I have counters or bars to help me get up !! Holy COW!! There was no bending over, either .. LOL ...By Tuesday, I could at least pretend not to be bull-legged!! I was so happy to be able to walk as much as we did ( for I had the children and I out walking every day!!! ) and also a little excited to even cross the room fast enough to get the phone when it rang!!

Today, when I woke up I as able to bolt across the room and get to where I was going without having to inform my legs that we were going to go there !! :O) So, I figured I was READY to go !! Well, I was, mentally -- the body needs more rest .. or just continue with super slow miles and possibly another ice bath tomorrow. I have been doing them and they seem to help, or maybe they don't and I just do not know the difference ?? Eitherway, I am doing as suggested and continuing to move, stretch, move, stretch and ice with ibuprofen.

What I am really and truly grateful for is: NO INJURY!! I put a heavy burden on my body and it must have been done correctly, for I am not injured and it's awesome!!

Now to get the race schedule down for there are many upcoming races and they are no joke!! May 27th, we start the half fanatic venue!!! Then 2 more halves in June, 1 in July and then Ultra Ragnar in August. I will stop there, for that's sounding like alot -- but then, so was 26.2 !! LOL

Really, life has its up and downs, but in reality -- it's how you deal with them that matters. It shows who you are and what you are made up of. Tonight someone said: I am not sure how you single mom's do it -- I don't believe I could. I completely disagreed with her. It's not what you think you are able to do -- it's what you do that counts!!! When you put that obstacle in front of you -- OR someone else does, normally, you will pull through, if you BELIEVE. It takes one's belief to pull through. If you do not have the believe, yet, want to pull through, you FIND the belief until you BELIEVE yourself. I honestly and solely believe this. For there were so many times in my life I never, ever believed in me and I allowed others to do so -- and look at me now !! Now I know AND believe that I am able to do damn near anything I put my mind too.

Onward. Upward. Stay ON. Keep ON.

* Have to share this quote - as I have waited a WHILE to do so :


No comments:

Post a Comment