Friday, May 18, 2012

Reminising on the MARATHON

Not sure I ever mentioned my Full Marathon Finishing time:


~~~~ 4:19:32 ~~~~

* 9:55 avg per mile
* 175 out of 289 runners
* 48 out of 98 out of females
* 8 out of 17 female AG


There was also an amazing story that I shared while I was at mile 19/20 and sometimes I wonder, do I make this amazing stuff up and my story was confirmed the other day in a response to a review ( which ended up showing up in my email ) :

You ran a great race Lori especially for your first one.  We ran together briefly around mile 19 when you said you were cramping up and wanted me to help you stay at a 9:30 pace. Unfortunately I knew I wouldn't be holding it and when I stopped to walk briefly at mile 20 you kept going and never stopped!  Great job!   I wish I could have stayed with you. I just couldn't keep it together that last 10k especially the last 2.2 unfortunately. Your friend Paul (you told me you knew him) would be very proud of you!..Keep running and keep the excitement! Good running with you.

This man, I believe as the others on the course, was a blasted miracle!! I was praying to God and to Paul Melby the entire way an asking for help. When this gentleman came up on me -- I was hurting and didn't know if I would be able to do it .. looked around, lost and confused and even a bit sad due to the extreme cramping and knowing that this was not mental. Then he came upon me !!!

There was also another angel that I need to mention, My Friend Teri!!  She knew I'd be hurting and just when I needed extra gatorade, she was there to provide me a large one and one that I could carry !!! :O)


Then a few miles after I ran into "Steve" another angel showed up -- a biker -- her name is: Beth Wengler. She came out to see if I was OK and we spoke about the cramps and I told her, I would be damed if I didn't finish this one strong!! She said, OK, I'll be back. She came back oodles of times, she gave me kuddos on looking strong, she left me with different water bottles, she was amazing and JUST what I needed to hear !!!

When the finish line came upon me, there was another angel that showed up: Bri Hamann. She came out to run me in, I was surprised to see someone come that far out to bring me in -- also to NOTE, she JUST ran a GREAT Marathon herself.

Not sure if any of these people realize that they will always be a part of my first race memories or not, but I do KNOW that if it were not for them, the spectators, the volunteers , my HP ( higher Power ) above and Paul Melby -- that I would NEVER have imagined such an AMAZING Experience!!!!!

No one will EVER again, be able to convince me that NOTHING IS POSSIBLE!! I am living proof that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!






I wasn't going to share this pic but really -- I was hurting and yet -- I CROSSED THAT DAMN FINISH line with ALL I had left in me!!!

There's so many more stories, per se, the ones AFTER the finish.... but for today -- I am done.

Enough tears of these great memories and now, it's time to stretch the legs again....



Please -- NEVER EVER doubt that you are not able to accomplish anything!! Because it's absolute BS!!!





Also -- thank you TEAM RED for being there for my amazing accomplishment!! I am and will always be: GRATEFUL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment