Monday, June 4, 2012

Running is simply amazing ( period )

Running is simply amazing.

This weekend I was able to travel somewhere I am not sure I would have without the fact that I had won a race ( half marathon ) and was able to cut a deal at a resort, if it were not for running.

The weekend not only possessed a race, but family time. Not only was it for me, it was for my children and their grandmother. It brought a great time for everyone. It was not a long weekend, it was long enough for memories. It was not an intense weekend, it was enough to have time together and learn more about one another and enjoy the most important thing in life: FAMILY.

This weekend I was able to recollect where I am at in my life and what has brought me this far. Running.
Running has helped me gain so much more confidence then I had ever imagined!!
It's not ONLY running - it's the people that believed in me and helped me to become a runner.

There was a conversation I had the other night, how children/people do not believe in themselves and how to help them to do so. The only way that I know that this works and/or helps those around us, is due to the fact that I did not and at times still do not, believe in myself. It's phenomenal what happens to the human being when they believe in themselves.

Today I am a single mom of two beautiful, amazingly smart and talented children, who love themselves as well as those around them. They are being brought up as though my grandmother brought me up and taught me so many important lessons in the world, as well as those that also helped raise me into the woman I am today. Today I am hard, dedicated worker who works to the best of my ability day after day to do what is needed, not always what I want to do. Today I am able to contain relationships and build on them and help them grow and continue to be healthy. Today I am a runner. Today I believe in myself. Today I am a confident woman who will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

This weekend -- I was able to realize that without the dedication, belief, love, support and so on an on through running and the community, I would NEVER had agreed to go back to College. I would NEVER have been able to continue to be a strong single mother and do the daily things needed. I would never .....

This weekend I ran my 10th half marathon, placed in my age group and walked away from it with some new friends and meeting those that I have logistically been connected too for the past year. I achieved my 3rd race in 30 days.


Running has become a part of who I am today and I am utterly grateful to have found such an amazing sport. As with this venue, has come soo many gifts that there's not enough room to list them all.

But tonight -- I believe in me -- and that's saying alot from where I came from.


No comments:

Post a Comment