Sunday, April 22, 2012

Achieved major milestones today ...

Holy Hannah -- what an amazing weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that I have not blogged in a few days, there are some solid good reasons why -- trust me!!!

On Friday I was preparing to direct a 5K Race that was being held in Rochester, MN the next morning. So, I was a wee bit busy with that as well as making sure that some of the items for the LSR event today were also solidified.

Saturday, was SEMYO 5K race!! Now, there was an unfortunate mishap on the course and the route was a bit off for some as well as the results, due to the mishap. YET -- there was an amazing turn out and I believe that from what everyone has said they were able to enjoy the route, the day and also the time spent with SEMYO!!! So, all in all -- it was a success with lessons learned!!

Then today, there was a LSR ( Long slow run ) prepped, in honor of my 17 yr anniversary date. I decided to throw an event together to get me through 22 miles ( Longest I have EVER ran in my life ) as well as celebrate a milestone in my life. I was also thinking of the others that are around that are training for a FULL Marathon, other then myself, and how this would fit into everyones training schedule !! How amazing -- the turnout!!

The day, also to note, turned out AMAZING beautiful  !!! A great turn out , wonderful weather and awesome company, made the 22 miles much easier then I had ever imagined !!!

There was a few miles in there where my legs were extremely heavy and I was wondering how to roll through it, but we all shared about it and made it through !!

Then the last 1.75 miles I just got into a zone and nailed it !! MAN did that ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22.01 miles in 3:31:50 - 9:38 pace ... I am now officially excited for the Wobegone FULL on May 12th !!!

Hopefully you had a fabulous Sunday and enjoyed each moment!!

Stay On. Keep On.

Onward and Upward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment