Sunday, April 1, 2012

Race #3 out of 20 ( for 2012 ) Complete

Well....Today was a day for running. That's for sure!!!

I was directed to run a warm up of 2 miles and then race the 8K and then return home to finish up my miles to total 17. Today was the only day I was able to put them all out there for the long run and I just agreed to what was suggested.

Not sure I believed that I was really going to do it - other then, I was told to do so, so I followed through.

I ran a good solid 8K - awaiting the final chip times to appear so that I am able to see if I PR'd this year or not, but eitherway it was solid and I am happy with that. I also did this with OUT headphones!!! My 2nd race EVER Without them in and this time was all by myself, last one I was paced by a friend!!

Below is a picture of some of my friends ( Nanci and Angie ) :





Then when I returned home, after a drive to and fro Lewiston ( Fool's Five was held there ) I decided to check in with the children, throw in supper and re-hydrate, change an get at the last 10.

While I was out there, I was wondering how my legs would hold up, how crazy am I really, how the heck do people continue to train for full marathon, how am I still running ??, what time is it, how many miles have I done completely and so on and so forth -- course I do talk alot so my mind was full of oodles of these questions.

Then I hit the wind on the way back and that last 3 miles, was difficult for me. Otherwise I felt strong and good the entire rest of the run!!! Now to me, that's what is crazy !!! HOW did I become such a runner ?? To some of the people I hang out with, that's really nothing, but to others their jaws drop when I tell them the distance and the discipline we put forth for these races.

Eitherway -- it was a solid, productive day for training and for some odd reason or another ( trust your training ) it's all coming together and I feel stronger as a runner today, then I did yesterday.

Onward!! Stay ON. Keep ON.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment