Thursday, April 12, 2012

Giving back in a different way .....

Today was a day where I was able to spend time running ( 4 miles and some )  around to figure out a route for the upcoming SEMYO 5K that I have directed over the past 2 years.

What an experience!!

The best part of the entire thing, for me this year, is knowing that while I put the route together, place all the volunteers, compile the finish line, it's all for the runners and the organization that I am putting it together for. Has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with me. Not only am I able to help out in kindly fashion, I am able to do it this year, with some experience and knowledge for the runners. Each step I take, each turn I make, each corner approached, each incline I view, that's what the racers will be doing that Saturday morning....as they trudge the next step, push through that next stride, run until they reach the finish ......

I love being able to put together something so intimate to the next racer.

Today I am grateful that I now have another experience to share and also another story to be told.

Its all about aiming for the moon an landing amongst the stars.....


No comments:

Post a Comment