Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A few miles later

Guess I need to update y'all with what I have been up too!! Geezzzzz......

Let's go back to this past Saturday.

I front-loaded 2 miles in front of the Fetzer 20K ( 12.2M ) race so that I had in some good miles. I was aiming for 21, yet, did not make it as I ended up cramping around mile 10 in the race. There are those that have their ideas on this and that, so I will try the less impacted ideas first and go from there. I finished the race in 1:55, which is not to bad, for I walked some of the last few miles, with the cramping. I was extremely happy with how it ended, for it was a tempo run for me and that was a fast tempo for my first 9 miles or so.


Then I took a few days off, well, Saturday night I hit the dance floor pretty hard and haven't done that in years!! So, that was a good workout and man did I sweat!!

Today I was able to run the north shore!!! How awesome it was -- such beauty!! I put in a 5 miler, as I was running out of time, from stopping to soak in the view!! Here's a beautiful shot of some of what I was able to take in today:

I know that I have a full to complete, coming up on the 12th of May. I know that I will cross the finish line. What I do not know is how well I will do for a time. Then I was reminded the other day, last week, that this is my first Full Marathon EVER!! To enjoy it and not to 'kill' myself during training. I will do what I am able to, in order to pull it off and then I will cross that finish line and be happy. I just need to remember that I am doing all I am able to at this point in my life and that this is my first ever and I need to enjoy it.

The Boston Marathon was ran, it was hot an people conquered. It's about your own personal accomplishments, not about what you compare yourself too, not about what others think, it's about what your goals are and keeping them in reality.

Onward. Upward. Stay on. Keep on.

No comments:

Post a Comment