Thursday, April 19, 2012

Loading up on mileage

Its been shared with me that during peek training times, you load on the mileage. Well, that's this week baby !!! We have 3 weeks until the FULL Marathon!!! LET's Do This!!!

Last night I ran a track workout -- total of 8 miles I was able to load up on. 3 miles hard ( 800's x 6 ) and did them much easier then I thought they would be ... strange, but I am pretty sure that it's due to the training that I am putting in. I used to dread them, horribly. Last night, not so much !! YAY!!! Now to keep this base throughout the year!!

Today I will hit the Douglas for around 6 miles..... enjoying another hour with another GF that loves running !!

How awesome is this life ??? Yes, there's alot of pavement pounding right now, but I tell ya what -- it's going to be worth it once I cross that finish line!! Not only that, it's awesome that I am a stronger runner today !!

Onward, Upward !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment