Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oct. 19th, 2010

Dearest Bleaders --

I have been tapering this week for the race is on SATURDAY :O) We are going to KICK Mankato's ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I just did some biking and also a small circuit to allow some bent energy out !!!

I have been having trouble with the knee area and I actually think it is two things combined. IT Band and also a few other muscles. I did tend to it properly, I believe. I have been rolling as well as stretching and exercising the IT bands.

I was beginning to get a little depressed and not realizing how much taking exercise out of my regular regimen was affecting my attitude, I took a trip to the Running Room to see what they thought of my current purchase, new shoes on line !

Well -- turns out -- they are not supportive enough for the amount of running that I submit to my feet during a week. YET -- I have another pair of shoes that have enough support in them to run the race with :O) I thought I would have to walk outta there with a new pair!! I will be purchasing a new pair after the race.

I did walk out with a compression band for the IT, though. I put it on and instantly my knee felt better and then again today it hurt a little in a different spot. So I read the inserts in the band container and I moved the band and it helped :O)

I am very confident I am going to do amazing at the half in Mankato!!! ( I was debating that for a few days there )

I am realizing that exercise is now a part of me and when that is absent, my attitude and moods go down. This is a good thing in my mind!! Means I have done it long enough now, that it is a part of who I am and what I am about. I will continue the healthy way of living that I have now chosen and create a new friends and also maintain and retain all that I have gained thus far !!!

Push on friends, push on!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment