Saturday, February 27, 2016

A letter to the Fire Fighter that implanted on my heart

Dear Mr. B, 

While I'll never know if you'll ever read this nor do I need to know that, I need to write this and share this with the universe so that you realize how much you helped me in my life. This blog is dedicated to you, for you are a huge part of who I'll allow in my life now and I'll be eternally grateful to you for that. I sometimes wonder if that's because you were built to be a 'hero' and by finding that out about yourself, you are able to impact all those that you come into contact with. 

Lately, I've had many memories of our times together. It's been pretty intense lately and maybe it's because I have alot going on and I need an escape or maybe it's because I need to remember how amazing it was when we were together to keep some HOPE in my world, so that I'm able to know in my heart that I'll find that again. Eitherway, it is what it is and it is that. 

There was a time that you shared with me how much you loved reading my writings and how I should continue to write, no matter what. That time that you shared that with me, I'm not highly convinced that I believed you 100%, for I figured you only saying to flatter me. Than you'd repeat that... It wasn't until recently that more people have shared that exact same thing with me again and it helps me to reiterate how important you were in my life at that time and how much you helped me to believe in myself and something that I enjoy doing.

As I shared earlier in another blog, what it was like to 'like' someone at the age of 39, I realized something else that you taught me. I'm a VERY intense individual and I share to the rawest form to many and that's who I am and how I'm wired. I'll need someone to embrace that about me and be able to share those attributes with me, like you did. You helped me to 'grow' verses pushing me into a shell. You allowed me to 'blossom' and you didn't push me onto another route. You embraced that part of me and you add fuel to it, verses putting it out. That's something that I'll need from the next man that enters my life and if they don't embrace that part of me, it won't work out between us.

You always shared your romantic side, yet you always made sure that I felt 'comfortable' in EVERY situation that we were in. You NEVER allowed me to be if I you didn't know that I was OK. Every moment that we spent together, I was never shown that I wasn't your priority. You ALWAYS made sure I was alright with what was occurring, within reason. You helped me to realize that it's possible to have that in my life, every day and that it's not a fairy tale, it's real.

There was never a moment that I didn't feel connected to you, when we were in our relationship, even though we lived miles away from one another. You always helped me to try new things and strengthen that connection. There wasn't a time where I never felt as though you didn't want nothing more than for me to be right there next to you. Thank you for that, for it helped me to realize that no matter what the other person has going on in their lives, they always have time to help those they love know that they are wanted.

I could go on and on and on ... yet, instead, just know that you helped this woman know that fairy tales do come true, not that they all have the best ending, they are out there. I'm grateful that you allowed me to be a part of your life for the time being that I was there and I'll always be grateful to you for showing me that them men like you do exist AND they are attainable.

I do honestly hope that you continue to stay happy and do what you need to do to make that happen, for Mr. B., you deserve nothing less than the world and back again.


#TBT : Falling in love doesn't happen every day

No comments:

Post a Comment