Monday, March 23, 2009

Day #5 Mon 03/23/09

I was thinking that after yesterdays run that I would be very stiff this morning upon awakening. To my surprise, I was not. I was good to go. It was kinda crazy. Yet, it was very relieving!! Almost like I am doing something right, instead of wrong!!

Today I took the day of rest and turned it into a little walk/jog for about 1.5mi. With some good stretching afterwards. I will continue my workout regime tomorrow with warmup walk/jog and into my cross training. As my muscles in my shoulders are feeling the need to work more, telling me that I am not doing enough of my regular workouts. So, I will try to my darndest to begin my workouts to around 5 days/wk again. I was slipping with that.

I am beginning to think of signing up for the two 8ks that I told myself I will try to complete during my half marathon training. I will hopefully be able to complete these in the next few weeks ( the registrations for them ) and also find a half marathon that I would like to run after the class has finished.

It was very nice running with a group yesterday, more so than I even imagined it would be. It helped me run and also helped me stick it out. I am very pleased with myself and very grateful to the class mates that they helped me through the run!! Bless their hearts and families!!

Hugs to you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment