Wednesday, April 29, 2015

When the Children Cry

When I was little, music was the only thing that I ever really felt connected too. For it was always there and I could always find a way to sink into it. It was like it was telling my story through the lyrics and the rhythm. It was as though, they knew, they knew exactly what I was going through. As though, they'd been there, or they were there. When I would listen to the '80's music, it hit home.

There were so many songs that all of those bands would sing, however, there were many that stayed with me. The one named: (When the Children Cry by White Lion) I was there - and it's all I wanted was to be able to change the world and do things differently. I didn't want any more children to cry, like I had to, alone, scared and fearful of the next moments in life. All I wanted was things to get better and that I knew that there had to be a way to do so.

Funny thing is --

Lately I've spoken to alot of childhood friends and people that watched my brother and sister grow and no one ever thought we'd make it to where we are today. It was like, literally,  all the odds were against us. Yet, You see -- We did it!! We made the CHANGE!! We are a success from where we came from and through it all, we've learned how to apply the ways we lived into a completely different way. In a way that will impact the world and make a difference.


So if you didn't have any HOPE before, hopefully, this allows for some.

For today, we, my siblings and I, represent a song such as (We ARE the Champions by Queen) !!!

When you fight battles you had no idea how to and you allow yourself to take those wins with  you every single day and you apply the lessons learned, turn things around 100%, you then become a success. For you see, each and everyone of us walk through battles, it's what we do with them in the end that matter most. By choosing to do good, move forward in Faith and do the next 'right' thing, you will succeed.

YOU MATTER 
YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE 
YOU CAN BE THE CHANGE 

MAKE A DIFFERENCE 



No comments:

Post a Comment