Saturday, August 16, 2014

Another chapter in New York City

My journey to New York City was something like out of a book – as I sat in the airport recollecting the hours up to the moment where I sat in the MPLS International airport looking up to a terminal filing up with those traveling to the famous Las Vegas and hearing their screams and cries of joys, it was time to being a journal entry for the blog. Knowing all the while that the individuals around me had not slowed down long enough to know what this moment all entailed for me….it had to be shared with the world, for moments like these do not appear for anyone at any given moment.

Today I’ll fly to New York City for a VIP event and it’s not a dream, its reality. I’ve been honored and requested to join the team that have worked on an up and coming magazine full of inspirational individuals, sharing their stories and motivating the world with their successes. We’ve been planning and looking forward to this event for months and here it is.

There was a bit of a bump in the road while I wait to board for this event and yet, instead of getting upset that I have to sit for a day, I decided to utilize the hours and enjoy them to the best of my ability. For as I write this, I’m waiting to board my flight and the terminals around me fill up and then they empty with those that are in a hurry to get to their flights and their next destinations. Yet, I’m able to capture the environment and realize that my life has become a ‘dream’ come true.

My journey this far has been far from a smooth ride, nor have I ever asked for one. Yet, the stars have aligned and my life is beginning to shine and the view is absolutely profound. For I’d never imagined ever flying or wanting to fly to a city such as New York City. Though I sit here with an expensive gown in my carry on and a few more evening dresses, something I never place myself in, for it’s not usually called out for, I find myself in an awe that I’ve never encountered. A place my soul has yearned, completely foreign, yet hopeful that it was possible to arrive to such a place in life.

I sit here waiting for a phone call from someone that I’ve begun to allow into my life and desire to engage with and create a stronger bond with, I wonder how I ended up in this seat, at this terminal in the position that I’m currently sharing about.

The answers are really quite simple:
I’ve been working on myself for a few years and yet this past year was where the majority of the growth was made only allowing myself to love the person that I’ve become and to realize and grasp that the reality of it all is that I deserve to be happy in all areas of my life. Not just those that I’ve chosen to work but also those that the universe has put in front of me.
By learning to love one’s self, the universe then puts opportunities into your life that are absolutely profound and unexpected. By learning to take care of one’s self and also by allowing the love from the universe to surround you, the world opens the doors and surrounds you with the comfort and joy of everything that you are ready to embrace and accept making the most amazing and phenomenal journey that you would have ever encountered.


As I begin the next phase of my life and my journey, I’m continuing to keep an open mind and also stay willing all the while being honest with those around me. Even though at times, I feel the overpowering feelings of fear embrace me and try to fight through it all, I push through and realize that I will need to continue to do so. For in order to grow and evolve one needs to accept change and within change is challenge.

I’m excited to step on that flight and arrive into NYC, to embrace the environment, to experience new and exciting experiences and individuals all from much different worlds than I am attuned too. I’m excited to see what the universe has in store for me in the near future as well as the further portions of my journey. There’s never been a time in my life that I’ve been in so much awe and allowed the fears to subside and I do believe that is because I’ve been taught and also applied the skills that were sent to me through the past few years. Allowing myself to experience all that I was supposed to experience verses what I ‘thought’ I deserved years back.

For me, it’s been the trials and tribulations that I’ve been through, the 180’s I’ve had to apply and all the lessons that I needed to be taught that have brought me to this point in my journey and for each and every one of the above, I’m utterly grateful and I’ll continue to work on moving forward and creating a world unknown to my children and I that is beyond EPIC.

Here’s to everything I’ve never lived, all that I’ve dealt with, to all those that I had to leave behind and to all those that I’m going bring into my new life. As well as a Thank you to all that have taught me all the lessons in my life, good or bad, hard or soft, new or old, for without you and the lessons, I’d be nowhere near where I am today.

“Faith without works is DEAD”
“It’s not the first step that you need to worry about, do the work, take the first step and the staircase will reveal itself in time”

No comments:

Post a Comment