Monday, June 1, 2015

When you have nothing you have the ability to achieve EVERYTHING

The unknown is a very scary place for so many people! I lived there for so many years!! It wasn't until I lost nearly all, applied my entire experiences to what was in front of me, challenged myself by starting to exercise and become healthy, then to become a sponsored runner to achieving the ultimate for a runner,  a full marathon. Stepping it up a wee bit after an injury to a figure body builder and stepping on stage in my most vulnerable state and sharing all that I had worked for in front of a crowd of strangers. All the while working on myself and maintaining a recovery from alcohol and drugs through a total of 20 years, that I realized that the scariest place was the place that I was stuck!! 
When you go through all the losses that a human being can actually go through and survive them as well as come out above, you realize that there's nothing that's impossible to achieve. You come to a point in your life, when waking up in the morning is the BEST thing of them all!! There's nothing else that's really more important than those that stand next to you while you go through it all and awaking to another day. That's it. That's all you NEED. The rest is just extras!! 




This year, I've become more in tune with myself then I've ever been!! Due to the simple fact that all I literally had was my children and myself. Nothing else, nothing more, nothing less. That was it in entirety and it's been enough.

There's nothing left to lose. That's it. It's down to nothing. The only thing left is to achieve the impossible. The only way is UP. The only thing left to so is to succeed.

For you see, I don't give up and when you put two children in front of me that rely on me day in and day out, not only for their clothes, a roof over their head, food in the fridge, they also want me to be there when they get home from their adventures, they want me to be there to hear them after they have a bad day, they want me to be there to make it feel better, they want me to experience their every moments in their lives. They want nothing more then for me to love them, every single moment of every day. They don't need materialistic items, they don't need nice clothes, they don't need vacations, they don't need to have nothing but to know that they are LOVED.










When I was laid off last year from IBM after almost 16 years, after I lost my baby cousin, after I put down our family dog, after I lived sober through a hard divorce, after I lived through losing a home from foreclosure and bankruptcy, I made a decision.




I'm living every day one day at a time.
I'm living my dreams out as hard as it may be.
I'm living my life as I want to live it.
I'm living my life where I'm able to grow.
I'm living my life with whatever it is that is needed to LIVE.




I'm living.

It's that simple.

I'm living.


There's nothing left for me to lose and there's nothing left for me to do other then to achieve the impossible. There's nothing left for me other then to figure out the next obstacle with a positive move, even when it's the most negative situation I'm in. There's nothing left for me to do other then to take the risks and try to live my life the way I'd always dreamed.



The best part of all of this living is :



It'll never end up just as I dreamed, nope,  it's gonna be 100% more amazing and EPIC then I'd ever
imagined!! Yep -- 100%. Why is that, you may ask? Because I'm not in control. God's got this, all I need to do is be the vessel, carry the message and follow through with the footwork. For he's got my back and he KNOWS that I'm doing everything in my power to move forward. YES, I'm gonna make mistakes. YES, I'm gonna fail. YES, I'm gonna piss people off. YES, I'm gonna make some enemies. Yet, the end of this journey is going to be so amazing that it's gonna go down in history!! Not in my time, but in his.


With faith, footwork, love, patience, tolerance and much dedication, the future holds nothing but GREATNESS!!! #MommaLori #Depends #OnIt

No comments:

Post a Comment