Friday, October 10, 2014

The First Trip Together in Sunny Florida

Long distance relationships are difficult. NO doubt about it, yet, I believe that there’s a reason for them. For me it helps me to get to know the other person as well as learn what it is what we both want out of life, especially where I am in my life today…..Plus, when we are able to see each other, it makes all those moments in between worth it.



The magic that occurred while in Florida with Mr. B, was completely electric. It was something that made an experience extremely memorable. It created a bond between a dream and reality that I didn’t realize was possible.

I didn’t realize that one could have something from a significant other and create a loving, kind, thoughtful and strong relationship all the while working on each other’s dreams. I didn’t realize that there was actually someone out there that would support me in all that I do and believe. I didn’t realize that there were actually men out there that would put their woman first and welcome creating something magical all the while being pleased themselves by allowing it all to occur. So much I didn’t realize…. And more than likely don’t, there’s so much to learn.

Here’s a brief summary of our short visit to Florida and the Fit and Fabulous Contest that I was honored and privileged to judge at:

When arriving in Florida, I was to meet Mr. B in the same terminal to pick up the rental. He immediately requested that we upgrade and I shared with him that the simple zoom zoom car that I’d rented would do just fine. He was not happy with this, as I could plainly see, yet I didn’t want to spend more money than needed. To his benefit, there were issues with my rental process and so he got his way. A red, convertible Mustang it was. I gave up, since it was his choice and he was happy with what he was about to drive away in.

Let’s just say that I’m not going to argue with him on the choice of vehicle again, for it was a great time, while we had the vehicle….not only was it a fun time, adventurous and a new experience to do things with the top down, the best part was seeing how happy he was while he drove it around Florida.

We checked into our hotel, after a short adventure in the convertible and found our sanctuary. For it was the next morning that we needed to get up and see Boca Raton. As the event was that evening and we needed to make sure that we were around in time to prepare. 

He took me to the beach that was near and we didn’t have much time, but the time that we did have, we spent hand in hand. Which is something that I’ve missed dearly over the past decade. To be able to have him next to me, hand in hand, walking along the beach experiencing different sights and experiences is what made the entire time exceptional!! We also took a short drive down A1A ( a highway along the coast of Florida ) and pulled into an empty lot that would sell for around $750K, shared a few dreams and what we would do and then headed back to get ready.



As we prepared for the evening, there were some thoughts that I had about how nice it is to get ready with ‘him’ in the next room. Knowing that we were preparing to go somewhere completely new to the both of us, all the while that we were doing it together. Knowing that no matter what we both were working on ourselves in different views, only to bring it all together at one place in the long run. Knowing that I wasn’t alone that evening and that by having ‘him’ next to me, made it priceless. A dream come true. 

We arrived at the venue, a little bit earlier then what we needed too, so we made ourselves at home and he asked me if I needed anything. He went off and grabbed me some coffee and was back with his perfect smile, beautiful eyes and a warm coffee. He didn’t leave my side, other than to check in on his daughter and to tend to whatever it was that I needed. It was something from out of a dream, really. The contest was amazing!!! There were so many fabulous women that attended and the judges were so AWESOME!! I’d not met anyone in person, prior to this, for these were all the people that I’ve followed for years on my social media and they were that much better in person! It was as though we belonged there, they made it feel so comfortable and it was as though we’d been friends for years!!
(I’ll write another blog of this entire evening, for this was an EPIC adventure and event that all need to hear about)



After the contest we went out with my long lost social media buddy, Eli and his new wife, Amy. We had so many laughs, it was the topping to a great day!! Then he took me back to the hotel, where we were able to chill and relax, for we needed to get some rest as we were headed to Miami in the morning and then we had prior engagements with those from the contest later that night.

Saturday we went down the coast and stopped to see the end of the States, the best we could with the time and resources we had. He really wanted to Jet Ski on the ocean as well, so he insisted on renting one. Off we went to the ocean, together, on a two man Jet Ski. He shared with me one of the highlights of the trip were watching/listening to me, from when I was riding to when I was driving. Of course, I’m a control freak, so it was a lot different when I was in one position to the next. The ride on the ski was pretty neat, an adrenaline rush for sure!! Also, a test of trust… it’s a good thing that when I wanted to drive, he jumped into the ocean, verses me, HA.





We weren’t able to spend much of our time in Miami, for we had to get back for our prior engagements, so we headed back on the interstate. This is where my control issues really came to surface – for I’m not a ‘rider’ when in vehicles and it’s something I really need to work on. He adores to drive and I’m always so damn 
picky about his driving, verses allowing him to drive. Not sure how he puts up with me, but on the other hand, he’s not dumped me yet. There were so many cars to ooohhh and aww at, he was in heaven, especially when that Lamborghini flew by us. Either way, we made it back safely and then we were off for another adventure. A body building competition was in front of our evening and Mr. B. had never been to one, so it was something new for him. Following this event, we were all going out to eat and enjoy our last evening in Boca Raton.

It was a beautiful visit in Florida, yet the best part of it was that he was with me. I do wish that we’d not had to rush through so many things while we were there, yet it was absolutely amazing to have him by my side to experience it all.

Then came the time travel back home and it was almost as though the ‘vaca’ wasn’t ending for he was flying back with me! This was something else that I’ve yearned for over the years, someone to travel with. He was going to travel back with me and surprise his entire family that resides in the same state as I do. Then to top it off, he and his daughter were going to end up at our place to surprise my children with their arrival. 


It was a bit of work to set everything up but it was all worth it, the faces on the children and the feelings of having an actual ‘family’ setting again, made everything that I’d ever questioned, disappear. It was extremely comfortable and I happened to loved every moment!!! There were no nerves, it was like we were all 'home'. Strange, but true. 


I’m not entirely sure if it was the entire time we spent together, in completely foreign spaces together, learning how to get ready together, how to handle new situations together, combining our families or just spending time with him, it all made me realize that this man that found me isn’t a joke. Nor is he a ‘dream’ and that he’s a complete human being that had yet to be found by the right woman.

Now the Question is:

Am I that ‘right’ woman ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment