Sunday, July 10, 2011

June 2011

Life got away from me, yet, again. My blogging has not been the best.

In June I was so very grateful to endure an AMAZING half marathon ran in Seattle, WA. The Rock an Roll one. I say grateful, as it was and until this day, stands as my STRONGEST Half yet :O)

Why was it the strongest: Not because I PR'd, because I did not. I came in with a 1:59:22 finish time, which is less then one min faster then my PR. It was the strongest, due to the fact that I was not winded, completely drained and felt like flying afterwards. I crossed the finish line with more energy, even would have been willing to get up and go again.

With this type of finish, I realize that my body is beginning to condition to the depth's of running I am now putting it through. It is able to endure the workouts that I have put in front of me. It is also able to do more :O)

So with saying all this, I have a week into my next training program. Gearing up for Mankato in the Fall. I will also complete a few smaller races from between now and then. I will try to complete a 5K every month until then, along with the Warriors Dash in July, Ragnar in August and what else will fall in my lap.

I am not a 'fast' runner, yet I am becoming a stronger one and for that I am super excited and happy :O) Good things come in good time :O) And one other thing that I need to mention is that I have maintained to keep the weight and inches off that I have lost over the past 3 yrs of exercise. I will be looking for more of a nutritional plan, as I am beefing up miles/workouts now. So, hopefully I will see even more results.

Today -- I work on my temple, for within my body lies my soul. If I do not tend to the body, the soul will not be whole :O)

Hugs to you all and PUSH ON PUSH ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment