Monday, January 17, 2011

Jan. 17th, 2011

This morning I have begun a new schedule that includes 2 workouts per day, at least. Don't go freaking out !! These are very short lived workouts and they are to get in my miles, build up my muscles and also get my body ready to get back to the longer distances, that are soon upon myself.

I went into the Physical Therapist last week and discussed issues I was having once again. Here I thought I would be out of running all together, yet, I was wrong !! Thank Goodness!! For my running is my outlet and if I do not have that, I am really not all there!! ( not that I am all there anywho :P )

He shared with me that he believes that my muscles are adjusting to the orthos that I have been and continue to wear. So far, he has helped me to get back to running without much pain, so I will go with it.

He gave me a set of tape around the knee area -- it looks like this:


( Darker image )

He said, if this helps performance he will order more for myself and we will continue use. It did seem to help some, so .. I might possibly be suckered into this one.

Yet, another thing I am trying along with the shorter runs, is to not run outside. The uneven ground seems to upset the muscles. I will be on the dreadmill through out the rest of the winter .. ugh .. I am GRATEFUL though that I am able to run :O)

I will also be making some time with my personal trainer for I need to do some strengthening again. I am unable to do the lounges/squats at this time as well... so off to Fitness 4 Life to get some new workouts :O)


Well friends -- I must sign off now and I will continue to keep you updated!! For the race in coming up in Feb and I will run it :O) Possibly not my fastest half, yet, it will be considered another half !!

Push on dear friends, push on !!

No comments:

Post a Comment