Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Create Ripples

As I sat there today, she looked at me with awe and wonder as I shared my story to her. She smiled and said that she couldn’t wait for me to tell her more as she listened in silence. She shared with me that no matter what I think, I’m making a difference. She shared with me that it’s not our place to sit in pity but to know others and to meet more souls. She shared with me that life has a different perspective today, for she’s survived cancer three times now. She shared with me how her perspective changed over each time and each time she grew stronger, not physically, but spiritually and mentally. She shared with me it’s not about anything other than the people that she chooses to surround herself with.

As I sat there today, I looked into her teary eyes and knew that she felt lost. I see the pain and desperation to change her thinking and a desire to get out of the sadness, the cold and pain that surrounded her, I seen a little girl that only wanted to know it was going to be OK. She was 48 and she was sharing how she felt lost, tired and alone in this transition from cancer to recession. She shared with me how she never did anything by herself, but knew she needed to be in this program. She knew that she belonged here. I shared with her my story, we laughed and smiled and shared with her what I’ve learned and tried to comfort her with my wisdom and knowledge, knowing full well it’s going to take her time to believe me. Yet, also realizing that no matter happens tomorrow, she showed up today.

Those were two examples of cancer survivors that I sat with today.

Those are two stories of two miracles that I was able and honored to spend time with today.

Those are the stories and souls that keep me moving through to my next venture and that my dreams are not that far off, for what I know I’m supposed to do in this world is not to fix you, not to change
you but to help you realize that you are worth it!! My passion and dream is to prove to you that anything is possible, no matter what you face, that this too shall pass and that this is all temporary. My dreams are to help you realize that we only have this moment and that this moment is what we need to embrace. My dreams are to share with the world my hardships, trials and tribulations and show you that no matter what happens or occurs in life, YOU ARE WORTH IT. You are worth everything you dream and hope for. My dream is for you to realize that loving yourself is the best thing in this world and that by doing so you will be able to love everyone around you and then some!!

I sit with people on a daily basis now, not with a big paycheck in my account, not with material items around me, not with a nice window office, not with a limo or nice car, not with new clothes or even all my bills paid, but I’m full of life and I’m also able to say that what I’m doing today is completely priceless. These souls that I sit with each day need another soul and I’m honored and privileged to have been chosen to be the one that begins that process for so many of them. By allowing others to live and help them choose a healthier path, my heart grows, my spirit is full and my soul is at peace. I know that by doing what I’m doing, God has chosen a much brighter path for me and I’m able to know, deep inside, that no matter what happens tomorrow, everything will be OK.



By keeping life simple, spreading love, sharing my experience, strength and hope, my world continues to open up opportunities and rays of sunshine that I wasn’t able to feel or see previously. By allowing my spirit to be driven by my higher power, my life is much calmer, happier and at peace, for today, I’m making a difference. 


*You can’t keep what you have if you don’t give it away*

By showing others that there's a different way to live, you give hope. Sometimes quickly, Sometimes slowly. Just don't give up, for it's not your time you are on.

Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised and Today is a Gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment