Monday, December 15, 2014

Needs verses Wants

She asked me: “Do you have everything you need to live comfortably?”
I responded: “So, you mean, things like milk, eggs and toilet paper, right?”

It’s become more and more evident to me that the needs in life much more exceed the wants, actually the weight of them are much heavier than the wants. Yet, when we have such a life set up as to where we have a lot of the wants and take for granted the needs, we seem to get lost in what we really need verses what we really want. 

Though as the holidays are moving through this year, it’s not all about the wants for the children and me, it’s more about the needs. It’s more about wiping the tears and about holding each other and letting each other know that no matter what we are here for one another. It’s not about what will be under the tree, yet more about what will be in our tummies and on our backs for the holiday upcoming for us. The children wish to be near to me and my family for they know that the years past we’ve lost a lot and it’s not only the jobs or the lack of funds, but it’s more of the love that has moved through our hands and into the universe. It’s the love that we are missing and the hugs that we need to make it through another day.

When one is faced with  hardships, they don’t really sit and think of how to make the ‘wants’ appear, for they are more concerned about the ‘needs’ and how to make sure that they are met. They are not worried about what others think or the pressures that are profound for the other sources in the world. They are more focused on what is in front of them and how they will fulfill the voids that are there, yet to make sure it’s all done in a simple but kind way.

To live in a healthy mannerism when there’s hardships in front of you, it’s a very difficult task to keep your focus on becoming a better person and to keep the heart in the right place. Yet, by listening to the good verses the evils, the world becomes a brighter place. By surrendering to another day and to another obstacle, one becomes stronger and sees more of the light then when they struggle through the situations.

When one stays open minded and willing to try something new in this world, the doors continue to open up an the opportunities continue to flow through to the souls and spirits. When one continues to stay honest, the heavens open up and they drop down nothing but greatness.

Today I had many experiences and one of them was actually a memory of a drive that my ex-husband and I made many times together and what has occurred since those drives. The time that has passed and the pain and healing that has occurred since that time. The reality of life hitting hard at times and then the passing of pain as this journey moves forward. The comfort of knowing that that was a memory and at one time that was not anything that was ‘wanted’ but yet it was something that was needed, it feels relieving that time has healed those wounds. It’s comforting knowing that through all the trials and tribulations that the faith that has been created to know that this too shall pass has only strengthened from when my life started. It’s comforting to know that no matter what happens, there will always be memories, not all tied to good and not all tied to bad feelings, but something to always know where I came from and how I treated the situations. It’s comforting knowing that through it all I’ve grown and realized what a ‘want’ is and what a ‘need’ is. For today, I don’t need to allow my emotions run my life and that the things that are needed are able to outweigh the wants. Which in turn, mainly turns into love more than items and through those feelings and actions of love are so much stronger than any want will ever be able to fill.




I’m not going to lie or try to cover up the fact that I’m missing a few people in my life today and I’m missing having the security of a full time job, or even that I’m missing knowing that tomorrow will be something wonderful…though I’m going to share with you that I honestly believe that no matter what God will not let me down and that no matter what it will all be OK.
For nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God’s world by mistake. There’s a reason for everything. 




No comments:

Post a Comment