Saturday, April 12, 2014

Never Quit

" I'll show you how strong I am "

There's times in my life when I'm so tired, so doubtful, so fearful..... that's when I need to do what that old saying says: " NEVER QUIT ". I have that saying on my wall, on my fridge, on my blogs, on my sites, everywhere -- for it's when you want to quit that it's the most important time to push through.

I entered body building in 2012 when I hurt my hip with a stress reaction. I walked into the YMCA on crutches and I've not left yet. I turned to the iron, as good friend of mine suggested and I fell in love. Mainly because the only person that I was up against was myself. There's no finish line. There's no metals. There's no starting lines. There's nothing but you and that iron. If you don't pick it up, no one else is there to tell you do so ...

When I enter the gym today, I know that there's a set of exercises that need to be done. I know that by pushing myself to the ultimate limit ( with in reason and in the program I've been given and approved by a trainer ), to the greatest I'm able to that day at that time, I'll grow. I know that there will be pain. I know that there will be sweat. I accept that there might be tears. Yet, I also know:

It will all pass

As I move through this journey and learn more about my body and soul. As I put myself to the ultimate limits, pushing myself farther then I've ever went. As I refuse to quit, my physique is beginning to match my outsides. As I continue through, the pain, sweat and tears, the rewards come. As I'm told to give up more of this and add more of these, I'm confident that the end result will be priceless. As I'm pushed.....I know, with faith behind me, that I'll be more then I was when I started. I know that through this I will become the person that I always searched for and more. Through this I will become whole, not because I stepped in the gym or because I showed up but because I walked in with all my might, pushed myself to the ultimate limits and I NEVER QUIT!!!

Life is life on life's terms.
It's constantly trying to break me and it constantly fails.
I've been beating, pushed down, spit on, thrown around, yelled at, called names, looked at 'wrong', touched 'wrong', disrespected, misjudged, threatened, abused, and all the rest of it....
What hasn't happened, nor will it, is:

I NEVER QUIT!!!!

Walking through to the next meal, the next workout, the next competition, the next goal -- is all preparing me for the next big battle in life. It's all prep for the ultimate time when success comes flowing in.. I'll be able to do nothing but GRAB it and hold on, enjoy it, love it, embrace and then make it GROW!!!

Nothing or no one will ever stop me.
Nothing or no one will ever be able to judge me and affect me.
Nothing or no one will ever be able to force me to give up.
Nothing or no one will ever have the power to get me to QUIT.

I'm human and I  make mistakes - what is cool about these situations we call mistakes is that we can LEARN from them. I will continue to learn, but I will NEVER QUIT.

Don't do it because you think someone wants you to do it
Don't do it because society thinks you need to do it
Don't do it because someone you want in your life will like it

DO IT BECAUSE YOU CHOOSE TO DO IT!!!

Live your life to the fullest and NEVER QUIT.


Don't QUIT 

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.






No comments:

Post a Comment