Wednesday, May 1, 2013

~ Impossible is NOTHING ~

Happy May Day to you !!

2.5 yrs ago, I decided that my marriage would never work out and let it go. * He left in '08 for another woman and I tried my hardest to hold onto the false hope that it would work out *
2 yrs ago, I decided to train for a full marathon, as well as look into new options in my life, such as going back to school while working full time and as a single mother, who trained at least 15 to 20 hrs/week.
1 yr ago, I completed my first full marathon followed by my 15th half marathon the beginning of this year totaling over 30 races in 4 yrs.
Last year, I signed up for college.

During those years, I decided it's time for me to live the life I always dreamed of living while sharing it with my children. I decided that I didn't want to work in misery forever to support two children and that those children not only deserve the best Mom they could ever have, they also deserve to see that life doesn't need to be full of sorrow and hopelessness. 





Currently, I'm training around 15 to 20 hrs either in the gym or on the pavement. I'm working to define my body for either life and/or a physique competition as well as maintaining endurance for the upcoming race season. As I have on my schedule a half in May in CO, a half in July in Chicago ( Rock N Roll ) and then another half in Detroit ( International half into Canada ).

My body is continuing to change as well as my nutrition is ever more forming into what is well known for the body builders. As I transform my body, things in my world continue to open up and reveal themselves!!

I continue to seek new goals, new dreams, new aspirations, all the while, taking care of me and looking into a future unknown that I've been dreaming of for years.

Today - I have the opportunities to continue on with those dreams WHILE taking care of my babies, not only because I continue to work at it... and BELIEVE ... I reach out ... stay humble and just keep on keeping on.


* Heres a link to the latest article that I was featured in:

http://www.postbulletin.com/life/lifestyles/for-byron-woman-this-life-was-worth-the-weight/article_8c004fdf-2e2e-55e8-9158-bb321213844c.html

No comments:

Post a Comment