Sunday, August 12, 2012

~~ Rest Day ~~

Today is a rest day for the body.

There was alot of hard upper body workouts this week - there was some water workouts - there was little sleep.

This week has been extremely a growing week. My week began with a trip to the doctor, sharing with me that I was out of the running world ( while listening my lip quivered, the cuss words flew out and I had emotions flying ) and that theres a possibility that I would need surgery. Then the middle of the week another Bomb exploded and I was thrown off again. Then by Thursday I was a glum lot. I knew that I had to change things in order to keep going. NOT search outside of myself, but look within. Feels the emotions and then get back on track!!!

 I had worked out with my trainer on Tuesday and I knew I could pull of another good workout. So, I put together a bomb workout, combined from what her and I had spoke of and also had made sure that there was a membership at the YMCA for the family and I. Thursday afternoon, I put on the headphones, laid out the mat, put out the timer, filled up the water bottle and hit it!!! I NAILED an upper body workout like no other, or that I had done at home, in quite some time and it felt AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about to hit the 3rd rep of it and I looked out my patio door to see Team RED Running !! It motivated me MORE !! I knew that eventually I will be back out there, hopefully stronger then before, running with them. In time, but for now this is WHAT I have control over. This is what I am able to pull off. This is what there is and I was going to make damn sure that I was able to put myself into it as much as possible!!

I am pretty sure I did just that as for on Friday I felt the soreness and then the kids wanted to visit the pool area at the Y and my GF was going to meet up with us. So, we went for an hour or so and I did some work in the pool and lazy river. Not to much, enough to know that I did something, at that moment. Yet, it was more to get used to it.

Then yesterday, I was invited to the River with the R.E.D. group and decided to join them. Man, am I ever happy that I did !! I was able to enjoy not only GREAT company but a workout on the Jet Skis!!! It was SOO awesome and my legs definitely feel it today.

This upcoming week there is to be an MRI, scheduled for Wed, and then a follow up visit the following Monday to review it.

Time will tell with what will actually come from it. But for today, I know that no matter what is thrown at me, I will make it threw it !! Not only will I make it threw it - I will make it the best thing that is possible !! Turn it into a positive instead of a negative!!!

We are the ones that make our own worlds either happy, joyous an free OR miserable -- what do you choose ??

No comments:

Post a Comment