Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5th, 2011

Noticing that I have not blogged in some time -- I figure it's due time I begin once again.

Since my previous blog, life happened. Seems that it does that, at times. Where it pulls me from this way to that. The important thing, is that I do not allow it to 'mess' me up .... or if I feel it tugging a bit from this side to the next, I make sure that I listen to the signs and take care of me.

There were a few deaths that I had to mourn an work through, on top of the single parenting trials that come along with life...running was there, just not as prominent as I would have liked. Yet, the exercise did not leave me or my life, for without it I am no longer whole. Its now a piece of me. Its a part of who I have become. Its an outlet for me and my HP. A place where I can go and enjoy the time and the silence, from the noise life makes.

That puts into perspective where I am today, yet, I need to share with you the good as well as the hardships. Lets start with the races that I have put forth the past few weeks.

Med City Half -->> 2:05

This was to be a training run for me and a training run it was. I was extremely angry with myself around mile 8, as I pushed myself too hard through the hills and hit a 'wall'. I am working with my trainer to include alot more endurance training so that I will not hit the 'wall' in this spot again. This was by far the angriest I have ever been during a race. Yet, I need to remind myself of the goodness and positives: I finished and didn't give up. I learned from it and I am able to change things. I completed another half marathon. It was a strong run.

4th Annual Hayfield Fire Dept 5K -->> 25:18 ( Placed 3rd out of the women )

This was not a PR, dang close, yet not one. It was, however, faster then what I ran this one last year :O) SO -- again -- positives!! Another huge positive was: I placed :O)

Those are the most recent races. Not my fastest, yet, I feel I was strong and that I am able to learn from them and move on. Do better. Run faster. Run stronger. Feel more confident.

The pyramids were not built over night, nor will my paces be. I need to remember that. Not beat up on myself and live life to the fullest. That would include NOT beating myself up!!!

Another positive, I was accepted to be sponsored !!!!! I was a bit surprised, yet, I am definitely enjoying it !!!! They have a totally different world, that I didn't realize was out there. I am was suggested to try for it and it actually happened. This has sparked another fire within me. So, I have alot to work towards.

My next race, is on the 25th of June. I am flying out to Seattle to run in the Rock N Roll Half :O) My good friend, Sharyce, is running her first one!!! YAY!!! I am sooo excited!!

People are noticing how this works, the running, and they are excited to join me !! I had a good friend run her first one today !! She ROCKED !! I am very proud of her!! How cool it is to give away something and have it soo well received !! ( The running Bug !! )

I better sleep for tomorrow is a long run -- I am going to push for 10 to 11 miles.

G'night my dear readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment