Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4th, 2011

What a fabulous start to a FANTASTIC month!!!!

Yesterday, ran Fool's Five in Lewiston.

8K = 39.21 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super excited and proud of my time. I am extremely happy with these results, for it is still very early in my training and I am on a good start for a great year. I need to remember, listen to my body, and do my stretches!!

It was kinda funny, about the race yesterday. I came in thinking I had around 43 min as that is what my garmin was showing, even though my garmin has been a bit off lately, in the past few months. I was cool with that time, considering it is so early in the training program for Seattle and it was a strong finish, as I was not winded in the end!! Then last night I read the results and was FULL of excitement!! ( 9 pm mind you!! ) I also realized that I was 4th in my age group!!! WHEEEEEE .. very happy !!!

Another opportunity also arose in front of me this past weekend -- RAGNAR!!! OMGosh .. here we go -- and I thought about it, prayed and realized, it was a good weekend, in between races!! Then, when I was asked, I was told, eh -- the leg your signing up for would be not so bad - RIGHT!!!! The hardest freakin one!!!! ( leg 5 -- 21.8 Mi!! ) Well, I am in and now I will need to train hard !!!

Here come 35 !!!

Push on dear friends, push on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment