Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22nd, 2009

WOW-- its been 12 days since i have written -- where did that time go??

Well, I will try to stick to this and keep updating. I have been very busy -- not that I have not been exercising because that is NOT the fact.

I ran my long run yesterday -- it ended up being 5.32mi. I was very proud of myself for I walked only a 'lil bit at the turn around!! It felt very good at a very easy slow pace so that I didnt over do it in the heat or the for the training.

I do need to report that I ran a 5K race on sunday. I came in fourth place in my age group -- for the women. I was not happy with my time ( 29.05 ) yet, I am taking from this these lessons learned:

  1. NEVER wear NEW insoles for a race ( I have now been told to NEVER wear ANYTHING NEW for a race )
  2. Go to the bathroom before the race OR wait to hyderate so much until after the race
  3. Warm up with slowly running the first/last part of the course ( I felt this helped me due to the fact that I knew when I was coming up on the finish and also what to expect on the path ) I believe this also helped me with my nervousness as well as stretching
  4. Careful on the energy drinks/help ( to much of this )
  5. Have someone there to support you before and after the race ( to lean on someone is nice and also to have someone there at the finish line, feels comforting )

So there you have it!!

Now next week I begin 6 mi.!! I also have a running partner now for my long runs so that I am excited about !!

Wish me luck -- for I have signed up for the race in Cali -- I will be posting links .. like I have said before -- after I modify the websites!!

Happy Training -- Exercising!!

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment