Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dedicated to a man who helped change my world

Today I’m going to write to you about forgiveness. I’m going to share with you some pain that I’ve been through and through it and with time, I’m able to see what God had in store or made the good from the bad. Today I’m going to share with you how I had to  hurt, grow and stay humble through situations that almost tore me apart yet instead of allowing that I was  able to step outside of myself for my children and do what was right for them and through that they are benefiting far beyond what I would have ever imagine.


Almost a few decades ago I met this man, he was an amazing man!! He was looked up to by all those that surrounded him, he was kind, caring, loving and more importantly he showed the love to the world where it was needed most. He worked on himself, he gave of himself as well as his family and the bonds that held them together. He was funny and could make anyone around him laugh, but not without putting a turn to it that was useful in life. He was what we call in the fellowship a ‘pillar’. He walked the walk, talked the talk and showed us all how to live differently.

He and I became good friends, we did a lot of service work together, attended multiple events together, we laughed and learned oodles from each other. He was a good soul and I enjoyed having him in my life.

He became the best man in my wedding and he also became close to the father of my children.

After some trials and tribulations in my life with his daughter and the father of my children, who are on their way to being married in 2015, I had to make a choice for myself. I had to decide to break apart everything that we had known through our friendship and walk away, to preserve in my life and to be able to grow and become more. Letting go of that friendship was one of the hardest times in my life, for he meant the world to me and if I were to choose any for a grandfather figure or a big brother, he’d had been the one that I would’ve chose.

Today I realize that my children need him more in their lives then I do. Today I realize that he will be a WONDERFUL grandfather to my children and he will give to them what they do not know from other venues in their lives. He will be able to share with them what he and I possess and they will benefit solely from this man. They will learn not only love but how to spread it, in such healthy ways.

Today I forgive his daughter for I know that God had a plan and I needed to stay out of the way so that he could be a HUGE part in my children’s lives. For me, knowing that my children will ALWAYS be taken care of, is much more important than my happiness or joy in this world. They are the next generation and they need to know how to live healthy and show love to the entire world and without the right teachers in their lives, there’s no way for this to occur.

Today- today I’m beyond blessed to know forgiveness. I’m beyond ecstatic to know that my children will be surrounded by loving people who live healthy lifestyles, when I’m not in the picture. Today, I’m confident that my children will live a happy and healthy life, because of the people we choose to surround them with. 

The growth through forgiveness and through moving past what happened into what is now is much more peaceful, calming and serene then the other options out there. By allowing the world to rotate, by surrendering and by letting go, the entire world is much brighter.

“ Be The Change “
“ Find the keys to the soul and Change “
“ Continue to Grow and remember, the first step is all you need to believe in, the rest is inevitable “


www.LoriJYokiel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment